[Coco] cartridge edtasm image for vcc

William Astle lost at l-w.ca
Wed Sep 1 11:20:08 EDT 2010

On 2010-09-01 07:54, John W. Linville wrote:
> * Mamou is a good choice because it understands the RSDOS BIN format
> already.  There are also any number of other "absolute" assemblers for
> the 6809 that can be pressed into service.  In that case you either
> add the BIN format header and footer yourself or in most cases you can
> 'trick' the assembler into doing that work for you -- ask me how! :-)

Last I used mamou, it had some issues with phasing errors on forward
references. Admittedly, it's been a while so it may have been fixed.

Or you could use lwasm (http://lost.l-w.ca/coco/lwtools/) or CCASM from
coco3.com, both of which support RSDOS BIN formats. lwasm is open source
and runs on Linux and Win32 for sure. CCASM is a Windows binary but it
does work via Wine.

The "trick" seems relatively simple to do (warning: mailercode™):

LOADADDR equ $7000
* preamble
	fcb 0
	fdb END-START