[Coco] Artifacting (again)

Mark McDougall msmcdoug at iinet.net.au
Wed Sep 1 11:38:22 EDT 2010

Hi,

I'm looking for some information on basic (simple, 4-colour) artifacting on
the Coco 1/2 PMODE 4 screen - NOT interested in the Coco 3 at this point.

I've seen the threads in which John has been asking about artifacting, but
he's after the "extra" colours in particular. I just want to know about the
back/white/red/blue scheme, and the links tend to "gloss over" the
information I'm looking for.

Trouble is of course that I don't have a Coco1/2 to try this on either.

Is it simply something like this (starting on even columns) :

0 0 = black
1 1 = white(buff)
0 1 = red
1 0 = blue

Do both PAL and NTSC produce artifacts? And are there any differences
between PAL/NTSC machines? Do you get artifacting on the green/black PMODE 4
screen (SCREEN 1,0)?

TIA
Regards,