[Coco] Drivewire / Coconet ? Is a rs232 pack any faster than the bit banger?

Roger Taylor operator at coco3.com
Mon Oct 25 22:28:53 EDT 2010

I'm not sure if I included this in the CoCoNet mini-docs, but the
bitbanger link requires that the CoCoNet server on the PC be set to
*2* stop bits.  I think this should solve the problem that
first-timers seem to be having.  If you're using an ACIA Pak, 8-N-1 is fine.

An ACIA pak does most of the work, so a CoCo has more time to process
interrupts and so forth, but with a bitbanger link the CPU is pretty
darn busy.  With either link, each byte is still transmitted at the
same rate, but the delay inbetween bytes could be different so you
could see a different throughput depending on all sorts of factors..
mainly from the PC side.
--
~ Roger Taylor