[Coco] Any news on the so called CoCo4 or Next CoCo project that Bjork was heading?

Mark McDougall msmcdoug at iinet.net.au
Thu Oct 21 19:42:19 EDT 2010

On 22/10/2010 8:28 AM, Aaron Wolfe wrote:

> I'm in, sign me up :)  Wish I knew enough about FPGA to help more but its
> an awful lot of stuff I haven't worked with before. That board does look
> great and would easily fit into a coco.  I'd prefer real VGA out to a
> panel, but I'm sure that could be done one way or another.

Unfortunately, that board is a piece of proprietary hardware and not for
sale. But it does show what is possible even now.

At work we've just finished off a board that is about the size of a small PC
graphics card that could probably fit a half-dozen Coco3FPGA designs in it
all at once. Also has analogue VGA and DVI (1920x1050) output. No SD/MMC
card slot but does have USB host and OTG ports.

I've ported Space Invaders, Pacman and the C64 to it - purely for testing
purposes of course!!! ;) Perhaps I should get Coco3FPGA running on it with
DVI output to a 30" monitor... I'll take a photo if I get the chance...

Again, not a commercial product. :(

Regards,