[Coco] coco3 lowercase pokes!

Willard Goosey goosey at virgo.sdc.org
Thu Oct 21 01:21:27 EDT 2010

On Wed, Oct 20, 2010 at 09:46:04PM -0500, Little John wrote:
> Willard, this is what I have been using to accomplish the lowercase:
> POKE &H95C9,&H10 (without this BASIC will turn lowercase back off) - I
> noticed you used &H17.

Ahh, then &h95C9 stores what BASIC thinks the IO register should be!

I was reading old Rainbow magazines and stumbled across the pokes.
Since I already have a history of answering my own questions on the
list, I posted it. :-)

>I had assembled a table at one time that listed the
> different effects of different values.. but it's long since been misplaced.

Heh, I still have mine.  Oddly enough I seem to have lost the on-disk
version though.  A shame, that file was so old it was typed in with a
hacked version of the BASIC sample program "PRINT OR REVISE".

> and rather than POKE &HFF22,&H10, i was using:
> POKE&HFF22,PEEK(&HFF22)OR &H10
> results are the same...

Yes, much better, not clobbering the rest of the register's bits.

Willard
Willard Goosey  goosey at sdc.org
Socorro, New Mexico, USA
  -- R.E. Howard