[Coco] dir options on coco

Little John sales at gimechip.com
Sun Nov 28 22:00:11 EST 2010

This reminded me of an experiment I did recently. I fired up the Vcc
emulator with RGBDOS active (your emulator version). Then I entered:
POKE&HFFDE,0:SAVEM"RGBDOS",&HC000,&HDFFF,&HA027
which saved the "virtual" ROM to a virtual disk. I used the mess winimage
tool to extract it. Used a hex editor to remove the first five bytes
(preamble) and saved it back. I didnt bother removing the postamble - my
eprom programmer truncates the image to 8K upon loading anyway... I burned
it into a 2764 and stuck it in my disto mini controller. It seemed to work
fine. Of course I wouldn't recommend this for serious use - obviously it has
emulator specific changes, but still - it was fun to play around with.
Having said that, if you like RGBDOS, it's a good investment to head over to
cloud9 and buy HDBDOS.
-JohnT-