[Coco] strange nitros9 boot error code, very quickly after loading the boot track I get a tb*v, error 246 not ready

Robert Gault robert.gault at att.net
Wed Nov 24 14:56:07 EST 2010

Ugh, this is getting complicated by running in terminal mode. It would help to
keep things a simple as possible. For starters, you could try the same thing in
MESS or VCC. The main difference would be drivers and nothing would funnel
through /t2. The technique would be the same.

Some points. LINK.BAS run on a properly set up system will not make any changes.
Try creating a boot floppy that fully boots and can access the hard drive. When
you get one that works, then change Boot, Init, Sysgo, and /DD so they work with
the hard drive. Put the new boot disk on drive 128 and run LINK.BAS. The boot
process from the hard drive should work.

I can help getting MESS, VCC, and real Coco system with hard drives up and
running booting from just a hard drive, no floppies. Your system seems some type
of hybrid. I'm not sure just what you are trying to do. :)