[Coco] What would a CoCo successor have to have as a minimum?

Frank Pittel fwp at deepthought.com
Tue Nov 23 02:44:04 EST 2010

Looks like we need to work on the definitions of terms, expressions and sayings.
Because it's said doesn't mean it's correct. I hope we don't get into a debate
on whether a "K" is 1,000 or 1,022. :-) (forgive me for stirring the pot a
little)

These types of inaccuracies in common usage is in fact not unusual and unique to
CS. About a year ago I was interested in making salt prints (an "alternative"
photographic process) and was mixing the silver nitrate sensitizer. The
instructions called for a 12% silver nitrate solution and went on to explain
that was made by combining 12 grams of silver nitrate and 100 grams of distilled
water. I was of course very confused and through further research found that my
suspisions were correct in that recipe didn't yield a 12% solution but in the
alternative process world that's how it's done. Another example from the
photographic world is when mixing developers, etc a 1:9 ratio doesn't mean 1
part stock and 9 parts water. It mean 1 part stock and 8 parts water giving a
total of 9 parts. It is what it is and mostly it's confusing!!!

The Other Frank