[Coco] What would a CoCo successor have to have as a minimum?

William Astle lost at l-w.ca
Mon Nov 22 22:42:48 EST 2010

On 10-11-22 07:26 PM, Mark McDougall wrote:
> On 23/11/2010 11:31 AM, Theodore (Alex) Evans wrote:
>
>> If one wants to get pedantic, 8ns giving you 125MHz is only 4x faster
>> than
>> 25MHz, not 5x faster.
>
> Damn, my stupid calculator is broken, it _insists_ that 125/25=5, not 4! :(

<pedantism>

5 times more means the difference is five times. Thus, 5 times more than
X is actually *6* times X. So 125 is 5 times *as much* as 25 but 4 times
*more* than 25.

In other words, for the "times more" calculation, you first get the
difference (125-25 = 100) then divide. So (125-25)/25.

</pedantism>

--
William Astle
lost at l-w.ca