[Coco] coco on android

Aaron Wolfe aawolfe at gmail.com
Sun Nov 21 00:56:11 EST 2010

On Sat, Nov 20, 2010 at 9:17 PM, Brad Grier <bradgrier at cox.net> wrote:
> No, it's not dead. I'm close to releasing a test version. The big thing
> missing is sound. One cool thing is using the orientation sensor to emulate
> the joystick. It works great. Keyboard entry with a virtual keyboard is kind
> of a pain. I can't imagine anyone playing a game or writing a program that
> way. I want to make configurable touch points in the border area to emulate
> specific key presses (mostly for games). Still...a lot of things are
> playable now.

I think I mentioned this before, but the Apple 2 emulator for android
lets you assign keys to screen areas and it works fine for most games.
 It does not let you pop up a standard keyboard at all, which is a
shame as it breaks things like text adventures.  If it was not too
difficult to allow standard text input when desired, it would be nice
for such things.