[Coco] Is there a good, runs on a coco but from a terminal like /t2 editor?

Aaron Wolfe aawolfe at gmail.com
Fri Nov 19 18:42:46 EST 2010

I have searched for the same thing and never found a good solution, so
"me too" on this question :)

I also have thought about ways to make all OS9 programs work better
over a serial or internet connection in general.  The OS9 terminal
handling is just a little too weird to map into any terminal emulator
I've seen.  There aren't that many control characters, but their usage
is just quirky.

Possible solutions I've thought about are:

A specialized terminal program designed just for OS9

An SCF driver that made did the translation from OS9 style things into
something more compatible in the driver itself

A "remote" OS9 window type.   This is something that's been on my mind
for a while. There is a very interesting DriveWire like solution for
the Dragon that uses it's parallel port and actually provides multiple
windows on the PC side that are real OS9 windows.  Its a very cool
idea, and would certainly be possible via Drivewire, but probably the
most work.   It would work just as welll over a regular bitbanger or
rs232 connection as drivewire.  The author of the Dragon solution was
kind enough to send me his source code a while back, so it might save
some time if I (or anyone else) wants to tackle that.  The dragon
project is here:

http://www.onastick.clara.co.uk/pcshare1.htm

and screenshots of the way he did OS9 windows here:

http://www.onastick.clara.co.uk/pcs_screens.htm

-Aaron