[Coco] Drive pak question

Robert Gault robert.gault at att.net
Tue Nov 16 22:44:30 EST 2010

Richard Hawk wrote:
> I am wanting to redo my card image, but I don't want to lose my ranking on the game 'where
 > is carmen' I use the cocopak and created a card image, but I can't use that
 > image back on the card, wanting to start fresh. On the coco3 I type 'drive#
 > set u2 "carmen" > then boot to nitros and chd /u2. I see the files which one
 > if any do I need to copy to real floppy.  I don't think I can back up cause I
 > believe its 720 kbs and o have 158 floppys and yes I am new.  Had a coco years
 > ago and only use paks and extended disk basic basics never got into os9, wish
 > o did now. Any ways thanks Richard Hawk
>
> Sent from my HTC on the Now Network from Sprint!

Richard,
I think I know what you are asking but I could have misinterpreted your questions.

1) Carmen comes on a flippy disk. Side #1 includes the files Z0-Z4, which appear
to be where game saves are stored. Side #2 contains data files. So, if you don't
want to lose your ranking, you would need to retain files Z0-Z4.
2) Are you saying that you have not transferred any Coco files to a PC hard
drive but just use the MicroSD pak? If that is the case, what do you mean by
"created a new card image"? Do you mean you formatted a new card, it is empty,
and now you want to transfer data and programs from the old SD card to the new one?
3) You almost certainly have at least one PC or you would not be sending
messages to this list. Why don't you use Roger's Win32 Disk Imager to copy the
contents of the old SD card to your PC, select what you want on the new SD card,
and then use Win32 Disk Image to transfer files from the PC to the new SD card?