[Coco] [Color Computer] Re: Terminal Program

Gene Heskett gene.heskett at gmail.com
Sun Nov 14 11:29:08 EST 2010

On Sunday, November 14, 2010 11:22:27 am Little John did opine:

> Oh, by the way, as this thread was supposed to be about terminal
> emulators requiring 128K rather than 512K,
> I use V-Term. It emulates VT52 and VT100 terminals, runs in 128K (with a
> 40K buffer) and even works with ADOS-3 if you have it. Yes, it's a Disk
> BASIC based program. If you are using Nitros or OS-9, look at the files
> Gene suggested.

And I forgot to mention that vt220.ar was done on a 512k coco3 at my old
office, one of those must work situations when the only vt-220 terminal we
had, died and dec wanted about a kilobuck for a new vt-550.  I don't
believe it needs more than 128k though.

IIRC I also put zmodem triggers in it too, however that may need more than
128k to fork the rzsz stuffs.  Terminal proggies aren't a lot of good if you
can't move files with them. ;)