[Coco] TCP/IP Programming in Commodore BASIC

gene heskett gheskett at wdtv.com
Tue Nov 9 23:43:01 EST 2010

On Tuesday, November 09, 2010 11:32:10 pm jdaggett at gate.net did opine:

> On 6 Nov 2010 at 11:27, Gene Heskett wrote:
> > I am still in favor of the 'chip with a stack' solution, if some way
> > to squeeze its register addressing into the coco's normal I/O map
> > could be done.  However, I have not investigated today's offerings in
> > that area.
>
> 16 Addresses can be fit into the range of $FF80 to $FF8F. As far as I
> know the GIME chip does not use this block and non of the multitude of
> the peripherals do either.

I thought that was the gime's "shadow" register.  Heck, if its actually
open, I would have been using it years ago.  Somewhere, I have an assembled
and printed copy of os9defs & ISTR it was used.  But I over did it over the
weekend and I'm not going to dig for it till my back feels better.  But I
will try to keep that in mind.

--
Cheers, Gene
-Ed Howdershelt (Author)