[Coco] TCP/IP Programming in Commodore BASIC

Gene Heskett gene.heskett at gmail.com
Sat Nov 6 11:16:44 EDT 2010

On Saturday, November 06, 2010 11:09:23 am tim lindner did opine:

> I really wish we had a TCP/IP stack like the 6502 guys. Jono Downes has
> added BASIC support for TCP/IP programming:
>
> http://lyonlabs.org/commodore/kb-bob/index.html

Where did they find the memory?  A fully protocol compliant tcp/ip stack on
a 16 bit amiga was just shy of 50k.  For the coco, maybe could be squeezed
to 45k but that would take very careful hand optimization & still couldn't
begin to keep up with a 10Base-T half duplex channel.

--
Cheers, Gene
-Ed Howdershelt (Author)