[Coco] Is there a good, runs on a coco but from a terminal like /t2 editor?

gene heskett gheskett at wdtv.com
Fri Nov 19 14:23:03 EST 2010

Greetings;

I think I would be more productive in terms of coco software, if I had an
editor that could function thru a terminal link like minicom.

Mike Sweets old Ed3.1 might be a candidate but its married to the cocos
graphics a bit too deeply, although I do like the use of the alt key for
the command invocation.

Up to now, I have been using the tsedit to vi conversion, renamed to ed
internally, but for some reason that has lost its ability to write the file
back after editing it, reporting a "disk error, Press BREAK" and leaves the
file untouched.  But because it uses a bunch of vertical tabs going into and
back out of the edit mode, it doesn't run with minicom in either ANSI or
VT-102 modes.

Anybody have any suggestions for a stable, works over /t2, editor for the
coco?

--
Cheers, Gene
-Ed Howdershelt (Author)