[Coco] [Color Computer] Booting up OS9

citadelbbs mjnelson12 at verizon.net
Wed Nov 3 12:20:15 EDT 2010

Hey guys, I know I don't come on here much (as I wish I could) but
I am having a little trouble with my OS9 booting up with my old system. I am working on it now that I have the time.
I'm using OS9 Level 2 on a Coco 3 system with 512K memory with a Burke & Burke XT RTC Controller
The last time I used my system, it worked perfectly. Now it doesn't.
I'm thinking that I am overlooking something I am doing wrong.
At first, I thought the ribbon contacts that hook-up to the hard drives are tarnished. So I took an eraser to make the contacts clean. That was a no-go. However, I am asking myself do I have to have all the hardware hooked-up like both hard drives instead of 1 (H0). When I boot up my OS9
disk, I get as far as the 80 column window (2 of them) and then boot up returns to the 32 column window showing OS9 Boot Fail. I even get the same trouble if I use my other Burke & Burke controller that I have as a 2nd Controller. I am open to any suggestions.