[Coco] UnTC for Windows [...] -- a possible addition to the Toolshed?

Steven Hirsch snhirsch at gmail.com
Sun May 30 18:30:56 EDT 2010

On Sun, 30 May 2010, Christian Lesage wrote:

>>> http://agora.ulaval.ca/~chles35/index.html
>>
>> Built on Linux with no problems.
>
> As is? Then it should behave just like the OS-9 version. Please take a look
> at the code to see how I tried to improve file naming on Windows. I suppose
> this could be adapted to Linux fairly easily. All you need to know is what
> characters are forbidden in a file name, and what file names, if any, are
> forbidden.

>> Now, to find a tc-compressed file for testing... How can I spot one?  Did
>> they get a distinguishing suffix like, e.g. .zip or .gz?
>>

> TC-format archives have either a .ARC or a .TC extension. You'll find such
> archives in the RTSI ftp site (ftp://www.rtsi.com). For instance, there are a
> few of those in /RSDOS/DEMOS/, as well as in /RSDOS/GRAPHICS/.

Thanks, it works just fine!  Didn't realize that CoCo basic source ended
with 0x1ah markers.  Just like CP/M.

The only mod necessary was adding this to the top of untc.c:

#ifdef __linux
   #include <string.h>
   #include <stdlib.h>
#endif

My box is a 64-bit Kubuntu system, BTW, so the code does not appear to
make storage size or byte-ordering assumptions.

Steve