[Coco] VCC1.41

RJRTTY at aol.com RJRTTY at aol.com
Sun May 30 09:50:56 EDT 2010

In a message dated 5/30/2010 8:48:10 A.M. Eastern Daylight Time,
coconut at pritchard.ca writes:

>Not meaning to spark a war of OSes here, but you could setup your  system
to dual boot Linux and >Windows so that you boot to Windows only when  you
want to use the Telescope.

>I dual boot Mac OS X Snow Leopard and  Windows XP, though I usually just
run Windows XP in VMware >Fusion and don't  actually restart out of Mac OS X.
 I also run several flavours of Linux /  BSD in VMware.

>Just something to think about with regards to being  'stuck' with
something.

>Regards,

Well I shy away from partitioning whenever I can.  I would much  rather
buy another machine for dedicated operation which I could do.

So I am not really "stuck" with windows but since I am already using  it
(and I am basically lazy to boot)  I use it.    When I  get the time (my
converter
assembly takes all my time right now) I will probably get a linux only
machine
and take the plunge.   Some of the people I respect the most on  this list
use it so it must
be worth the extra effort of running another machine.

Roy