[Coco] TC.BIN (The Compressor) port for Windows/DOS/Linux... or OSK?

Willard Goosey goosey at virgo.sdc.org
Thu May 27 03:56:43 EDT 2010

On Thu, May 27, 2010 at 03:10:48AM -0400, Christian Lesage wrote:
> Thank you so much!

De nada.  Glad I could help.

> BTW, I could also use an OSK version of this tool, if one exists. Is
> there such a thing?

For OS-9/6x09 there's at least an untc (on maltedmedia, in
princeton_os9_files. cuts encoded).  For OSK, I'm not sure.  Look on
rtsi.

> Well, I've spoken too fast. It does extract compressed files, but it
> doesn't extract "stored" ones. That's weird. A stored file should be
> much easier to extract than a compressed one!

Huh.  Maybe that's why I didn't have it installed anywhere.  It'll be
a pain, but you should be able to "extract" stored files with a good text
editor.

> This archiving tool is:
>
> The Compressor PC V.1 [BETA]
> Copyright (c) 1997 by Chet Simpson
>
> Anybody knows if a newer version exists? Or an OSK version maybe?

Also interested, at least in a newer version.

Willard
Willard Goosey  goosey at sdc.org
Socorro, New Mexico, USA
  -- R.E. Howard