[Coco] USB cable powered CoCo 3 ???

Tim Fadden t.fadden at cox.net
Wed May 26 13:22:34 EDT 2010

Interesting.

The USB port is designed to supply power to external devices/ usb hard
drives etc. There is a maximum current allowed through the port. Some of
the usb drive cables I have  are arranged with two usb dongles on one
end, and one on the other.  The single end goes to the device (coco) on
the other end one cable has data and power connections, and the other
has power only.  This is to double the current available to the
device.   If you doubled up to connection to the PC with your setup, you
might get a brighter screen. :-)