[Coco] megaread

Arthur Flexser flexser at fiu.edu
Sun May 23 16:15:41 EDT 2010

I agree.  Every time the read head "just misses" a sector, and has to wait
for the disk to do a rotation to get to that sector, it costs two-tenths of
a second, which can add up quickly.  So seemingly small software
optimizations can make a big difference.
The test program would be a better speed indicator if written in ML.  Under
BASIC, it would be an improvement if it poked in the DSKCON track and sector
numbers ($00EB-00EC) and then directly EXECed DSKCON, rather than using
DSKI$.

Art