[Coco] Preserving old CoCo diskettes...

Gene Heskett gene.heskett at verizon.net
Wed May 19 15:29:18 EDT 2010

On Wednesday 19 May 2010, Roger Taylor wrote:
>At 08:39 AM 5/19/2010, you wrote:
>>Roger,
>>
>>I can admit that we agree more than you think. You didn't admit that
>>the number I posted was incorrect, you just indicated that I'll make
>>it faster tomorrow. I asked for Gene to post his findings and you
>>indicated that he won't do that, so I then reported the number. Factual
>> data.
>
>No, I clearly remember saying more than once that you witnessed an
>older build of NitrOS-9 that uses my early driver that did some
>overkill LSN0 reading.  Enough.

And I find this a bit confusing Roger, as os9/nitros9 has never had to read
lsn0 except the first time it accesses anything on that disk.  So I'm
wondering where this got started?

That might not be true if you're opening the disk in its entirety via the
/dn@ operator, but I've not seen a normal usage situation that demands the
file system be bypassed in that manner.

--
Cheers, Gene