[Coco] Preserving old CoCo diskettes...

Roger Taylor operator at coco3.com
Tue May 18 16:23:35 EDT 2010

At 02:04 PM 5/18/2010, you wrote:
>Roger, why not contribute that code to the nitros9 project?
>
>I might be able to do a new driver based on what I have learned thrashing
>about in the mud pit of this one, and come up with a totally different design
>that works only against this linux box.  That wouldn't be very good.  If you
>have a wheel that works, lets beat on it and maybe make it the std version.
>Everyone would benefit, including you because the driver would already be in
>the OS distribution.

Gene, contrary to what you were told, I do not have a new 6551.dr
module for you, and never suggested that I did.

What I do have is a build of NitrOS-9 that boots over an RS-232 Pak
or Wireless Pak, and gives drives /n#.  This means the Boot and disk
modules contain the serial code and work as a drive system, not a serial port.

You're more than welcome to "benchmark" a megaread of /n0 and post
your results if you like, but this has nothing to do with the rz/sz
scheme you're trying to get working.  Also, make sure you have the
latest stuff from me or your numbers won't really matter any more
than the error 244's I get all the time when using another system.

How about writing me privately so we can continue this 6551
conversation we were having.  We seem to solve things better when we
talk privately anyway.

Cheers,
Roger Taylor

--