[Coco] 2 x 3.5 Drives on CoCo

George Ramsower georgeramsower at gmail.com
Sat Mar 13 23:56:15 EST 2010

  Hi Andrew,

  Thanks for the links.

  I did some google-ing last night and found this:

  http://www.8starshop.com/en/12v-5v-ac-adapter-for-hard-disk-drive-power-supp
  ly.html

  Certainly capable of running two 3.5" floppy drives with a y cable.

  Also cheap enough :D

  I'm thinking what I'll do is buy one of these and put a 4 pin female DIN on
  the end of the power cable and a male socket in the back of the case.

 Gene Heskett uses a good idea, use a "Four Way Flat" connector to connect power from a power supply. These are typically used to connect a trailer to an automobile. They are VERY reliable and inexpensive. With four connectors, it will provide +12V, gnd, +5v, gnd. Simple and easy to repeat. If needed, +12, -12, +5v and ground. Very reliable.

   George