[Coco] DW4 beta 1.4

Gene Heskett gene.heskett at verizon.net
Sat Mar 13 11:52:30 EST 2010

On Saturday 13 March 2010, Aaron Wolfe wrote:
>On Sat, Mar 13, 2010 at 11:09 AM, Gene Heskett <gene.heskett at verizon.net>
wrote:
>> On Saturday 13 March 2010, Jason Law wrote:
>>>I've had a bit of a look at it, so it's all Nitros9 yeah?
>>>
>>>Unfortunately I'm not an OS-9/Nitros9 user, but I'm sure there's plenty
>>> who are :)
>>>
>>>I double-clicked the DriveWire.jar file as mention in the readme, but
>>>nothing happened.
>>>
>>>So I checked which progam is asscoiated with .jar and it's Java(TM)
>>> Platform (SE) Binary.
>>>
>>>It might sound like a numbnuts question, but for us less Java oriented
>>> folk, is there something we need to donwload to run it?
>>>
>>>Also, will you still be updating DriveWire3 for DECB users?
>>>
>>>If DriveWire 3 could include ftp access, that'd be great!!! :D
>>>
>>>I sent Boisy an email regarding this, understanably he's busy.
>>>
>>>Sure sounds like a great product :)

Or possibly later production may have triaged that bug?  I have two of them,
one quite old and one 3 or 4 years newer, and neither unit could translate
from my Garmin-12 GPS to linux's roadnav program, which I like to fire up on
my lappy, leaving it in the suicide seat and the Garmin on the dash when I'm
off on a long trip someplace.  Again, the fdti device works flawlessly for
that also.  The Garmin isn't a particularly high traffic device either,
streaming only its lat-long-elevation & speed data at about a 2 second repeat
loop.

Roadnav averages readings to smooth the noise, but they were so scrambled at
times that when I looked over to see where I was, in the farm country of
northwestern Iowa not too far north of Harlan, it had then been redrawing the
tigerline maps crazily and had me someplace in the northwest territories!  By
the time that trip was over I'd found an fdti adapter, and it was bulletproof
the rest of the 1700 miles back home.  Now I have about 8 of them.  They Just
Work(TM) ;-)