[Coco] 2 x 3.5 Drives on CoCo

Gene Heskett gene.heskett at verizon.net
Sat Mar 13 02:25:09 EST 2010

On Saturday 13 March 2010, Jason Law wrote:
>Thanks so much!
>
>I could see where DS was soldered on the board and was contemplating
> cutting a trace and soldering the other, but a cable twist is safer and
> less permanent :)
>
>Any chance anyone has schematics for a power supply? I'm using an old AT
>power supply for testing, but a 230W power supply is a bit of an over kill
>long term :D
>
>Thanks again

Chuckle.  Yup its overkill.  OTOH, one of those old boat anchor weight AT
supplies has been running my whole system for at least a decade, maybe 15
years now.  It came out of the first computer we ever had for the wireline
stuff in the newsroom when CBS retired it, I grabbed it. Intel made, you
could have run over it with a Patton Class tank.  But it was also slow as
molasses, and was hard put to keep up with the capture stream when it was
part of the vertical interval stuff coming in from the network, and that is
NOT high bandwidth.  A 33 mhz 386 and 4 mags of ram IIRC, came over on the
Mayflowers spring resupply ship I think.   So that supply itself is nearly 20
years old.