[Coco] Feralcore: An Internet Protocol Based on the 6809

Fedor Steeman petrander at gmail.com
Sat Jun 26 15:37:21 EDT 2010

Hi Adam,

That sounds awesome!

Have you ever considered using it or a spin-off to emulate evolutionary
processes? The neat thing about the Tierra simulation by Thomas Ray is that
it uses the Darwinian processes of mutation and natural selection to let the
virtual organisms evolve autonomously. The great thing is that it shows the
power of evolution for the development of complex adaptations and
innovations. Well, of course, our entire existance shows that, but is neat
to be able to emulate it and see it happen.

I can clearly remember the 'wow'-effect when I first heard about the Tierra
project during the early nineties, when I, incidentally, was in the middle
of my biology studies. The past decade of my CoCo revival I have been
speculating about doing a similar emulation of evolution by natural
selection on the CoCo. But that is just another one of those cool ideas for
which I will probably never get the time and skills/experience to actually
finish.

Cheers,
Fedor