[Coco] another Rare CoCo 2 :)

sales at gimechip.com sales at gimechip.com
Tue Jun 22 13:45:15 EDT 2010

I have to say that if you look at that guys feedback score, he obviously
DOES sell some of that stuff, it's just weird to me.

My dad has a TS-1500, TS-1000 and TS-2068 all in the box like new. For the
TS-1500 he also has the memotech keyboard and plug in modules, all of the
SoftSync software (some still sealed). I imagine it would be worth a lot if
he would sell it, but he doesn't even let me use it :-) He did give me a
broken TS1500 and said, see if you can fix this son, I don't have time. The
problem turned out to be the "inverter" circuitry that generates the
voltages for the 4116's had gone bad and fried the RAM. I socketed the RAM
but since  the inverter circuitry was bad, I made a board that plugged into
the ROM socket and replaced the RAM with 32K Static RAM and an EPROM that is
jumper selectable for the ZX80, ZX81, TS1000 and TS1500 ROMS. It's pretty
cool :-)
-John