[Coco] How does the SCS line / GIME Setting Work?

Darren A mechacoco at gmail.com
Sat Jun 19 09:06:58 EDT 2010

--

You are correct.  The SCS line is an Address Decode signal that
'normally' indicates an address access from FF40 to FF5F.  This

The GIME's SCS bit in FF90 will restrict the SCS range to FF50-FF5F
when off.  Softawre which communicates with the FDC does so through
addresses in the FF40-FF4F range, so turning off this bit will
effectively disable the disk controller.

Darren