[Coco] bogus WhoIs complaint

Brian Blake random.rodder at gmail.com
Fri Jun 11 15:53:29 EDT 2010

Christian,

With all due respect, there are several flaws in your argument. While I
don't necessarily disagree with everything you said, I do take issue with a
few items...

1. Just because you have a website does not mean you are a broadcaster. The
vast majority of websites tailor the content to the regular visitors (i.e.:
coco3.com). And if you don't like the content, you don't have to go there.
For example, ebaum's world - a site that I have yet to find any redeeming
quality for - I choose not to go there, but, I'm not about to go hunt down
the owner of the site and tell him it offends me - sorry, nobody has a RIGHT
to NOT be offended. Something offensive to one person may not be to someone
else.

2. Just because you have a website does not automatically mean you should
have your private contact info opened up to the world. You can pay extra to
have your info kept private, and Go Daddy was one company who spearheaded an
opposition to the bill that did away with keeping contact info private on
websites sites in the US (yes, the brain dead US Gov't did so to 'help
combat' terrorism, and monitor 'hate' speech).