[Coco] CoCo Gallery

Gene Heskett gene.heskett at gmail.com
Thu Jun 10 10:27:09 EDT 2010

On Thursday 10 June 2010, Steve Bjork wrote:
>Do you read his post on the subject?
>He already pointed out that its a Linux (not windows) server that he is
>running.
>
>On 6/9/2010 8:39 PM, Gene Heskett wrote:
>> Roger, see
>> <http://www.theregister.co.uk/2010/06/09/mass_webpage_attack/> Does it
>> fit?

I don't recall precisely Steve, but from reading between the lines, I had
gotten the impression that BlueHost was an MS house.  If not, and its linux,
then they are getting banged on at thousands of times the rate my router is.
I am offline with my pages at the moment, I swapped ISP's and dyndns doesn't
accept the updates from my router, so I'm waiting till the name expires so I
can register it at one of the other free for low traffic dns sites.

In this case I read that the attack vector is some feature that WordPress
uses, something to do with the banner add service code?

--
Cheers, Gene
-Ed Howdershelt (Author)