[Coco] Model Number Confusion

Steve Ostrom smostrom7 at comcast.net
Mon Jul 26 01:01:54 EDT 2010

I keep collecting Coco stuff, and maintain a very detailed list.  There is a
Coco 1 on eBay right now (230503718010) that is advertised as model
26-3017A.  This is one of the units I don't have in my collection.  But when
I looked carefully at the enlargement photo provided in the eBay ad, the
original RS name plate on the bottom says it is a 26-3002A model, which I do
have.  There is a white sticker under that original plate that reads
26-3017A. The eBay ad also mentions this sticker.  This sticker looks
official, but has no other identifying marks other than that number.  When
the Shack did an upgrade, did they change the model number to indicate to
what model the Coco was upgraded?  Is there actually a 26-3017A model with
that nameplate, or is the 26-3017A just an upgrade and never a produced
model?

Thanks!

-- Steve --