[Coco] OS-9 Floppy / Printer configuration?

Aaron Wolfe aawolfe at gmail.com
Sun Jul 25 23:51:04 EDT 2010

On Sun, Jul 25, 2010 at 11:46 PM, Chad H <chadbh74 at hotmail.com> wrote:
> Ok, I'm hearing X-Mode or T-Mode for the printer configuration and D-Mode
> for the floppy configuration?  Is this right?

tmode is for configuring your terminal, xmode for SCF devices like the
printer port, dmode for RBF devices like disk drives.  tmode and xmode
overlap in that terminals are usually (always?) SCF devices, but tmode
doesn't take an argument for what device to use, it just configures
the current terminal.

Bob makes a good point in that since you're on level 1, things may be
different.  I believe xmode works the same in both, but I don't have a
real L1 disk to try it with.  Sounds like using dmode won't cut it in
L1, you'll have to get a special device module.  Another reason to
seriously consider using NitrOS9 I think.

-Aaron