[Coco] scary old code

Willard Goosey goosey at virgo.sdc.org
Thu Jul 22 06:26:03 EDT 2010

On Wed, Jul 21, 2010 at 07:49:44PM -0400, Todd Wallace wrote:
> But alas I lost it when I wrote an Undelete program for DECB.

I think we've all had to write an undelete program for DECB.  I had to
write mine after Spell-n-Fix II crashed and deleted an 11-granule
file!  And I didn't have the Disk BASIC manual with me, so there was
*lots* of experimenting there.

Anyone else have that problem with Spell-n-Fix II from Star-kits?  If
it encountered an 8-bit character, it would crash and delete its input
file. I think it needed a CoCo 3 patch.

I knew that, but it had been years since I'd used my CoCo, and I
forgot.  It was an unpleasant reminder.

Willard
Willard Goosey  goosey at sdc.org
Socorro, New Mexico, USA