[Coco] drivewire suggestions

Steven Hirsch snhirsch at gmail.com
Fri Jul 16 07:51:48 EDT 2010

On Fri, 16 Jul 2010, Willard Goosey wrote:

> On Fri, Jul 16, 2010 at 10:09:09AM +1000, Bob Devries wrote:
>>
>> This would make it usable with other computers, provided that
>> client-side drivers could be written for those computers.
>
> A lot (most?) of the other 8-bit machines already have software to
> treat a PC as a disk drive.  ADAMServe and x1541 come to mind. I know
> the FLEX people have a solution but I forgot what it was called.  It
> wouldn't surprise me if the Atari & Apple II set have something
> similar, as well.

Atari 8-bit machines have SIO2PC.  There is less motivation to develop a
new scheme for Apple II, since Appletalk client capability is built in to
the IIGS and available for older models through a peripheral card.

But, for machines like the //c it would be great to have DW support.  That
machine has no bus slots or expansion connector.

Steve