[Coco] 512K/1M/2M512M CoCo 3 Upgrades - Some Work Towards That Goal

Little John (GIMEchip.com) sales at gimechip.com
Sat Jul 10 02:02:31 EDT 2010

I have just finished wire-wrapping a standard 30 pin simm upgrade for the
CoCo 3 and am using the SIMMs from my recently acquired Cloud-9 512K upgrade
to test it with. So far it is passing all of the tests from the Performance
Peripherals 512K Memory Test program. I am using this memory test program
because it has a test specifically targeted at testing the memory's ability
to retain refresh. As I am now satisfied that this standard wire-wrapped
512K simm upgrade functions properly, I am about to add the 16V8 GAL to the
wire-wrapped mess that I now have. This will allow me to test whether or not
my refresh equations within the GAL are actually functioning. I will replace
the simms with the 3-chip kind and some odd 2-chip ones that I've found. If
this test passes, then I'll be able to produce the 2-Meg upgrade. I'll post
the results in a half hour or so. -John