[Coco] CoCo3FPGA keyboard mapping?

Mark McDougall msmcdoug at iinet.net.au
Tue Jul 6 08:26:30 EDT 2010

Steven Hirsch wrote:

> Well, sometimes I _feel_ like I'm being a pain :-).

For every question you ask, there are probably several others that will
follow and have the same questions. At least this way the answers will be
archived somewhere. And it may also give someone the impetus to write a
HOWTO. So keep asking away!

> I cannot speak for others, but I personally would like the key mapping to
> be as close as possible to the PC standard.  Perhaps something like
> Scroll Lock or Pause/Break would be a better candidate for 'Clear'. Then
> Tab could be, err, Tab?

It's a double-edged sword. It does make for more natural typing when doing,
for example, development. However, it's annoying when you can't play some
games because the keys are in different locations.

The absolute best solution is to have alternate mappings that can be
switched back-and-forth on-the-fly. IIRC MESS has this ability. However,
it's not always quite so simple or efficient to do it in HDL... :(

Regards,