[Coco] CoCo3FPGA keyboard mapping?

Steven Hirsch snhirsch at gmail.com
Tue Jul 6 07:14:06 EDT 2010

On Mon, 5 Jul 2010, Aaron Wolfe wrote:

>>> How do you type a tab on a coco?  maybe the same way?
>>
>> I haven't used an actual CoCo keyboard in quite some time (Cloud-9 PS2
>> adapter on my "real" CoCo).
>>
>> Also, given my interest in perhaps a half-dozen small classic computers it's
>> a bit difficult sometimes to keep things straight.  Sorry to annoy you with
>> my questions, I apologize and will desist.
>>

> No annoyance here.  I guess tone is hard to detect in text :)

Well, sometimes I _feel_ like I'm being a pain :-).  I did try to research
the keyboard mapping for 'Clear' and could not find anything.  Gary's
writeup for the Digilent board has a few sentences about key assignment
under BASIC and remarks that OS-9 will be covered later.  Unfortunately,
I couldn't find "later".

I cannot speak for others, but I personally would like the key mapping
to be as close as possible to the PC standard.  Perhaps something like
Scroll Lock or Pause/Break would be a better candidate for 'Clear'.  Then
Tab could be, err, Tab?

This may be a good excuse to get familiar with the Verilog when Gary
decides to release it.  For now, no big deal.

Steve