[Coco] An 8-Slot Multi-Pak Design for my Color Computer

Frank Swygert farna at att.net
Mon Jul 5 11:53:05 EDT 2010

I've just got one question: what the heck are you going to do with EIGHT
slots? 3-4 should be plenty. The last slot board that was built and sold
(by a third party) only had three for the most common items (under OS-9
anyway) -- floppy controller, hard drive controller, and RS-232 pak. I
can see a fourth for miscellaneous items or a ROM pak -- maybe a
wireless pak now, though I'd think that the wireless or a drivewire pak
would replace a hard drive. But eight????  Can your design be easily
pared down to four slots? Might be more practical for most.

--
Frank Swygert
Publisher, "American Motors Cars"