[Coco] CoCo3 SALT IC

jdaggett at gate.net jdaggett at gate.net
Mon Jan 25 18:22:33 EST 2010

All

The marking SC77527 is an internal Motorola SPS number that is assigned when ever an IC
is ordered. That number maps to an internal database that tells Motorola the customer, what
IC it is, ROM patterns if necessary and the mask set needed to make that IC. It can be a
custom discrete IC to a custom ROM within a HC11 microprocessor. It allows Motorola to
map their internal database to a particular customer part. If the customer does not request
particular markings the parts supplied will have an SCxxxxxxx number stamped on it with
data code and in some cases also the mask set ID.

james