[Coco] We need an FAQ

Joel Ewy jcewy at swbell.net
Mon Jan 18 12:15:09 EST 2010

Aaron Wolfe wrote:
> Since there are many people on this list with great knowledge, it might make
> sense to use a wiki in the style of wikipedia (the software they use is open
> source).  This way everyone can contribute and you don't have to worry about
> a strict Question -> Answer format for all but the most basic 'how to get
> started' stuff.
>
> I'm thinking of all the advice I've been given (and seen given) on random
> little things here on the list.  Most really wouldn't go on a FAQ, but would
> be nice to be able to collect some of these gems in a searchable, accessible
> way.

Hey Aaron,

There already is such a thing, but I don't think enough people
contribute to it or are even aware of it:

This is run by Allen Huffman of SubEtha fame.  You have to email him for
an account, but he'd be happy to set you up with one, I'm quite sure.
He's very responsive.  There is a good structure already there of pages
that are just waiting to be written.  I wrote an article or two a while
ago -- on the DS-69 Digisector video digitizer and the Deluxe Joystick,
I think.

JCE