[Coco] Did you know that...

Christian Lesage hyperfrog at gmail.com
Thu Jan 14 02:04:58 EST 2010

Terrance Hale wrote:
> Heh, I was 10, but it was just about 5 years later [...]

I was 6 and don't remember anything about personal computing that
happened before 1981-82. However, I believe there are some old timers
reading this list. Dennis Báthory-Kitsz, for instance, is the author of
(at least) a book about the TRS-80 Model I.

> The Intecolor looks like it might've had pretty nice graphics for the time.

Yeah, that's the one I would have bought! It's a shame we can't read the
text. I googled a bit, and found some information about the
Intecolor/Compucolor line of computers.

Would you believe that Intecolor brand name has been in use until 2001?
See
http://web.archive.org/web/20071015204210/http://intecolorterminals.com/history.htm

Here's a nice hi-res ad of the Intecolor 3261 (click to enlarge):
http://blog.modernmechanix.com/2006/05/21/putting-color-to-work-in-computers/

Another hi-res ad of the Compucolor II (scroll down a bit, and click to
enlarge):
http://www.vintagecomputing.com/index.php/archives/date/2009/08/page/2/

The Compucolor I displaying the Star Trek game splash screen:
http://www.old-computers.com/MUSEUM/computer.asp?c=565 (This computer is
quite similar, though not identical, to the one featured in the 1978
Tandy catalog.)

The Compucolor II: http://www.old-computers.com/museum/computer.asp?c=560

> Even has the Enterprise on the screen (was that a simulated picture? ha)

While Radio Shack used to print simulated screen shots (at least in the
early catalogs), there definitely was a Star Trek game for that computer!