[Coco] Shell and Applications in OS9Boot?

Joel Ewy jcewy at swbell.net
Mon Jan 11 21:36:56 EST 2010

L. Curtis Boyle wrote:
> Ah. Didn't realize that. What exactly are you calling from the shell
> script? A Basic09 program? A picture viewing program directly?
>
> Sent from my iPhone
> L. Curtis Boyle

I'm just running a picture viewer.  The smallest VEF viewers I can find
are viewvef and vefio (with winfo).  Both are a little under 5K.  I
wouldn't gain anything by merging the viewer with the shell, because
both together would still top 8K and still take two 8K blocks.  With my
current boot, I have 24K when I run mfree, which is using 8K, since it
isn't merged with the shell either -- I would ordinarily do that, but
this is a special-purpose thing.  So that means that I really have 32K
free when the system boots.  These graphics screens are 32K.  All I need
is to find a way to free up one more 8K block -- unless I can find a way
to display the picture on the terminal's window so I don't have to
allocate more memory for the graphics display...

JCE