[Coco] VEFIO and WInfo

Joel Ewy jcewy at swbell.net
Sat Jan 9 20:51:34 EST 2010

Willard Goosey wrote:
> On Sat, Jan 09, 2010 at 11:25:27AM -0600, Joel Ewy wrote:
>
>>> Anybody know where to get WInfo?
>>>

>> I'm going to answer my own question.  I found a program called show
>> (show.ar) on one of my old floppy disks.  This is apparently where WInfo
>> comes from.  It is merged with several other modules in a file called
>> 'show'.
>>

> It should also come merged into VEFIO.
>
> HOWEVER!!!:  If you're running a recent NITROS-9 distro you'll need to
> grab the latest source from the nitros CVS tree and rebuild it,
> because the device driver it peeks into had its name changed.
>
> If your "mdir" says VTIO you need the new one.  If you have CC3IO
> you're OK.
>
> I don't know if there's a binary for it in the CVS tree or not...
>
> Willard

I have already discovered that 'show' doesn't seem to work.  Now I know why.

So, you're saying that the latest NitrOS-9 has switched back to calling
it CC3IO, and that if I build it from source then WInfo will work
again?  Or that I could build it from source and modify the module name
back to CC3IO myself?  Wouldn't it be simpler to use DED to patch WInfo
to look for VTIO?  I guess if NitrOS-9 is moving back to the old
nomenclature then it would be more "correct" to leave it as it is and
just update the OS...

JCE