[Coco] Window Master

Andrew keeper63 at cox.net
Thu Jan 21 23:55:19 EST 2010

Several digests ago there was a poster asking about Window Master. I own
an actual copy of it, but I can't remember if it was copy-protected in
the same manner as CBASIC-3 (another Cer-Comp product, which I also own
a copy of), or if it wasn't copy-protected at all?

I seem to recall that CBASIC-3 was copy-protected in such a manner that
you could make a copy of it using BACKUP, but that copy wouldn't work
unless you copied it back to the original disk (although I could be
wrong; maybe that was how Gates of Delerium was copy-protected?).
Anyhow, I think that (maybe) Window Master itself was not
copy-protected, and BACKUPed copies work OK. Mr. Vergona obviously
valued CBASIC-3 over Window Master; its a pity that he never combined
the two.

I don't have either of my copies nearby; their manuals would probably
mention something.

With all of that said, I do know that there are copies of both of these
pieces of software as .DSK images floating around on the net; they are
definitely worth checking out, Window Master was a pretty cool piece of
software, almost a new OS itself. CBASIC-3 was an awesome compiler; it
even allowed for in-line assembler. Both worked fairly seamlessly with DECB.

I tend to wonder what has happened with Mr. Vergona. He used to post
items for bid a few years back on E-Bay (sometimes even copies of his
Cer-Comp software in order to be able to claim he was defending his
copyrights on the software), but I haven't seen anything from his user
ID on E-Bay in a long while.

-- Andrew L. Ayers, Glendale, Arizona