[Coco] Floppy drive source

Frank Swygert farna at att.net
Thu Jan 14 15:18:26 EST 2010

I was looking around the net for something else and ran across the
California Digital site. They are the ones with the Tano Dragons new in
the box still (http://www.cadigital.com/computer.htm).

Anyway, they also have some 360K and 180K floppy drives. Go to
http://www.cadigital.com/flopdriv.htm then scroll down to the bottom of
the page. They have the worlds largest supply of 8" drives, and I
believe them! Probably will for some time to come too. The 360K drives
are $39, 180K (single sided) only $9. Might come in handy for a spare! I
had a pair of the Mitsubishi 360K in my repack, and I believe I got them
from CA Digital back in late 88 or early 89!! Great drives.

Won't some of the 96 TPI (720K) 5.25" drives also work fine as 360K
drives?? They have a couple different brands of those too.

--
Frank Swygert
Publisher, "American Motors Cars"