[Coco] More 256-artifact-color pictures

Joel Ewy jcewy at swbell.net
Mon Jan 4 23:18:59 EST 2010

If John Linville's CoCofest videos aren't enough, I've uploaded a
slideshow demo of my own, showing 256 NTSC artifact colors on the CoCo
3.  I've posted it on coco3.com:

http://www.coco3.com/community/2010/01/256-artifact-color-slideshow-demo/

You need Drivewire to view this version, (it's a bootable NitrOS-9
image) but I'm planning on making a standalone version that will boot
from a 720K floppy, and also putting the picture files on DECB disk
images.  They are just 640x200x4-color .VEF files, so they should work
with any CoCo 3 .VEF viewer (though vefshow didn't seem to work -- I
wonder if it only works with 16-color 320x200 pics...)  They should work
fine in Roger Taylor's "The Projector" and "Projector 3".

If anyone gets the urge to put them in a different disk image format,
just let me know so we don't duplicate the effort.

JCE