[Coco] 720k sssd

Phill Harvey-Smith afra at aurigae.demon.co.uk
Sun Feb 28 04:26:32 EST 2010

On 28/02/2010 05:34, Bob Devries wrote:
> You need to realise that the default for the Coco whether DECB or OS9 is
> DOUBLE DENSITY (DD), not SD. SD was used mostly on the early TRS-80
> Model 1.
>
> Some versions of OS9 (but not the coco version) had track 0 in
> single-density mode.

The Dragon Beta prototype's OS-9 was like this. A few years ago I needed
to copy some of these disk a while back. So I modified the Dragon Nitros
disk driver to support this, so it can be done on a DragonDos controler.

Looking at the schematics of the RS-DOS controlers I see no reason why
the driver for this controler could not also be mad to support this.

Cheers.

Phill.