[Coco] Wierdsville

Gene Heskett gene.heskett at verizon.net
Sat Feb 27 11:42:15 EST 2010

On Saturday 27 February 2010, Mark Marlette wrote:
>Gene,
>
>Healthy and buried in work, snow and CoCo tasks, I have a JD4410 with a 54"
> snowblower on the rear and bucket on the front. Last storm it took 2
> 1/2hrs to clear the driveway. Drive is a bit over 1/4 mile long. AS you
> call it, it was beer thirty when that was done.

That sounds like an expensive beast to feed too.

>Serial can be a beast. We have all the tools at work. Nice to have CAN bus,
> serial analyzer, etc to use. $50k+ units. Maybe it is time to invest in
> some tools. :)

Or build them into the driver so as to see better what its doing.  Dumping
its memory area when it hangs shows that it has sent a wakeup signal to
process $00, and that rz hasn't drained the buffer, and there is a growing
number of tx attempts, which cannot be sent because this drain bamaged chip
can only send and RTS by totally disabling the transmitter. rz's process
number has been wiped out somehow, and I haven't found the write that does
it, yet...  Still looking.

What I need is some conversation with Boisy I believe.  But from the sounds
of it it, he is up to his butt in alligators trying to graduate from this
present class.

>Trying to stay employed, not an easy task these days. Another pending RIF
> coming. People running the country have no idea how to really create a
> sustainable job.

+10,000,000

I wish you well in that dept.

How long is your std dw cable?  I'd need one about 25 feet long & 30 would be
a plus.

--
Cheers, Gene
-Ed Howdershelt (Author)

If people see that you mean them no harm, they'll never hurt you, nine
times out of ten!